Monday, May 25, 2009

Day -1: The fitness test

P90X has you complete a fitness test prior to starting the program. This is to gauge your general well-being and determine IF you should be doing this program at all.

Honestly, this thing has scared me for the past two weeks, but today I finally did it. I will try to take my "before" pictures soon and post those as well.

The Facts:

Pre-Day 1:
Resting Heart Rate:96 bpm
Pull-Ups: .5
Vertical Leap:16in
Push-Ups: 17
Toe Touch: -4.5in
Wall Squat: 1:10 min
Bicep Curls: 30 @ 15lbs
In and Outs: 24
Heart Rate (Jumping Jacks for 2 min)
- Immediate:172 bpm
- 1 Min:146 bpm
- 2 Min:134 bpm
- 3 Min:130 bpm
- 4 Min:128 bpm


How I feel:
I feel weak mostly. The Jumping jacks and wall squat killed me. The jumping jacks sucked for the first minute until I found a rhythm and then getting to two minutes was just a matter of avoiding a heart attack. My chest did start to hurt right at the end, so I know not too push too hardly on the cardio in the future.

Food:
Money is an issue so I can't afford the supplements that come with P90x, but I'm going to try to stick the nutritional guidelines, limiting my calories for the first part, until I start to lose progress, and then bringing them back up to a reasonable level that will keep me going. You'll see my meals won't be the most healthful but my goal for round 1 of P90X is portion control.

All roads start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment