Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 5: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

Owie.

My hamstrings and lower back continue to be the inhibiting factor. The first time I tried this program, back in May of 08 I found that there a lot of connecting tissue that rely on each other for certain things. Now, this might seem like an obvious statement but it's something I would be willing to bet few people think about.

Example: Leg lifts. This is a core workout that is meant to work your lower abs. Unfortunately, my hip flexors and hamstrings continue to be a problem The weak hip flexors make it difficult to lift my straightened leg very high off the ground. The excessively tight hamstrings make it extra difficult as now I have something fighting against that upward motion.

I tweaked my right ankle on day 1 and today's balance workouts, along with yesterday's Yoga made it obvious. The strength isn't there and the best feeling I can describe when I put all my weight on it when in a lunge is spongy. I'm going to try to take it easy and, if memory serves, Kenpo shouldn't be too bad for it.

Ugh, time for the dreaded recovery drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment