Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 3: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X

Late post, I know.
This is one of my more enjoyable workouts. It's not too tough, but you definitely get a workout from it. I need to purchase more weights. My 15lbs dumbells are not universal. They flip tricep kickbacks are brutal at that weight.

Weakpoints:
Wrists hurt after a bit. The same thing happened with Core with the push-up type stuff. I expect a similar result from Yoga.
I ran out of energy again. This wasn't as drastic as the Core Synergistics workout but by halfway through the ab workout I just wanted to go to sleep. I took it easy, did 5 to 10 of each and skipped the hammer twists at the end.
Lower back and Hamstrings. I'm going to have to spend more time on these in general I think.

Strongpoints:
uh.. I did the workout and felt good enough while doing it. The back problems I had last summer (and went to physical therapy for) are more or less gone. The lower back and hamstrings issue I think is a residual. More stretching!!

Nutrition:
Like my last attempts I'm not focusing on the P90X diet but more on my portion control. I realize when I don't think about it it's easy for me to fall into the "Eat more because it tastes good." The sushi I had the other day was amazing and I think I may continue that trend.

The recovery drink is still awful. I'm planning on hunting around for alternatives today at the store.

Yoga next!

No comments:

Post a Comment